Sunday, April 15, 2012

July or August does it matter?

We have two options of when to go for 10 days. We can go the second week of July or the second week of August. It sounds like both weeks are likey to be rainy and crowded. We want to spend 2 days in each area - Anchorage, Seward, Fairbanks and Denali. I%26#39;m most concerned about rain in Denali and roughness of the waters in Seward. Are there more advantages to going in July or August?



July or August does it matter?


Well, it%26#39;s all subject to opinion - for weather, I would pick the second week of July over the second week of August. More sunlight, and it%26#39;s usually not rainy until the last few weeks of July, but as you know, all weather varies. Just in the past 3 years, we had two dry summers and last summer was wet. Not sure about the weather in Seward and how it affects the water - you might post that on the Seward forum. I much prefer July over August, except towards the very end of August/early September, as that is when the colors start changing. Good luck! :)



July or August does it matter?


What about Late June, I think we will be around Denali on the 25th of June. What%26#39;s the weather like then? Coalminer I heard you say it doesn%26#39;t start getting green until June....I hope it%26#39;s all lush and green and photogenic when we arrive :).




Yes, later June is green and glorious, with many blooming flowers, etc. It%26#39;s my favorite time of year up here! :)




I will second the vote for July over August. I feel August has more rain, though it is generally light and in the afternoon in Fairbanks.





My guests next year are coming up the last week in June and first week in July. I expect they stand a darned good chance of seeing good weather - but then, if it is bad, all of us Alaskans will share it with them!





71

No comments:

Post a Comment