Saturday, April 21, 2012

Alaska Cruise July 07

We are planning to go on an alaskan cruise to finish off our honeymoon in July next year.





Due to our itinery in Canada our only options are a 7 day round trip from Vancouver with RCI or Holland America... (Both itineries are similar and we are happy with either) .





Our problem is choosing between ships/companies and I would like some advice as we have never been on a cruise before either.



We can have a room with Balcony on Holland America or An ocean view room with RCI (due to availability).



Is it worth paying extra for a balcony if the weather is too cold to sit out? Or will it be warm enough in July?





I was also wondering (as I have never been on a cruise before) is there a mix of ages ( we will both be 30yrs on our honeymoon)? I have not found any reviews for these Alaskan cruises by people our age?





Also although we really enjoy luxury and dressing up for the evenings are these cruises very formal or do they also provide a more relaxed environment if required?





Many Thanks



Alaska Cruise July 07


Oh, it%26#39;s your honeymoon. Go for the balcony ! Unless someone corrects me I can%26#39;t imagine that it would be too cold in July to enjoy it.



Alaska Cruise July 07


Cruised in Alaska this June during 1st full week. Were on Norwegian and had a balcony and it was definately worth the $$ difference. With my wife being slow moving in the morning we spend a lot of time on it. Also were on it a lot during the after sunset time.




I hope someone can answer your other questions...about the mix of ages and the formallity. We did a Cruise West trip this spring, which is small ship stuff, and it has been ages since we did a big ship cruise.





My understanding is that things are much less formal now, and there is open seating and flexibility on where you can eat, etc. I think they have loosened up the ';rules';, and from what I hear Holland America is a casual line. (somebody jump in here and help us, OK?)





But DO the balconyy. You will not be sorry.




I cruised to Alaska on HAL and it was a mix of ages. After awhile there was so much to do I didn%26#39;t pay much attention to age at all. I had a balcony and used it all the time. Even when we were cruising Hubbard Glacier we spent some time outside on our private balcony. I doubt that I would cruise again without one.



We dressed formal ( That is no jeans/khakis) two nights on our 7 day cruise but it was a mix in the dining room. Maybe 60% were dressed up (from dresses to long formals(5%)) the rest were very casual and no one on the staff blinked an eye.



Hope you have a great time. I will travel HAL again and again!




Haveing a cup of coffee sitting on your balcony



watching the sun rise,set with your new spouse.



PRICELESS




Thank you all for your advice - i will definately go ahead and book with HAL and take the balcony option ! I can%26#39;t wait.





Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment