Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Very last minute questions for my trip

We are arriving Anchorage on Sept 3rd, and will be driving to Denali the next day. We will be spending 3 nights at Riley Creek, and 2 nights at Wonder Lake, then we will drive down to Seward on the 10th.





1) When I see the fore cast and news, it has been raining and flooding in Alaska. How%26#39;s the condition there? Are we expecting lots of delay from Anchorage to Denali? Will we be seeing an inch of muddy water at the campground?





2) It seems the temperature has been dropped as well, are we seeing snow in Denali yet?





3) We will take camper bus to Wonder lake, once we got there and set up camp, do we need to purchase another ticket to take the shuttle back to Fish Creek for day hike?





4) Any last minute suggestion is helpful!!!





Thanks for everyone helping me out planning this trip.



Very last minute questions for my trip


On your way to Seward you will drive by a town called Girdwood, which is where Mt. Alyeska ski resort is. YOU MUST schedule a dinner at the Double Musky into your plans. This is an Alaskan experience and the atmosphere is like no other. The food is incredible. The best steaks ever, plus they have cajun specialties and Alaskan seafood. Take my advice and you won%26#39;t be dissapointed.



Very last minute questions for my trip


A couple years ago I spent this exact same weekend out at Wonder Lake. It rained quite a bit when I was there and it even snowed in the passes, delaying buses on my ride out-no early morning bus. I believe once you are in the park and have a ticket you can go back and forth between points in the park, but on this I am not certain. The weather has been better and I do belive they are forecasting some nicer weather for this weekend, at least in the Anchorage area.





Layer your clothing, fleece is nice because it will keep you warm (relatively anyway) when it is wet. Bring a hat for sleeping and gloves too. Sleeping with a hat on seems to keep me very warm.





We have had so much rain in the last month that I would hope we have seen the brunt of it but this time of year can be quite wet. If you have time on the 3rd you could always head out to the state fair in Palmer. Also remember traffic will be bad 3rd-4th from Anchorage north to Wasilla/Palmer due to fair traffic. Leave early in am or late in pm, the worst seems to be from 10am-4pm.




Just saw the Anchorage news this morning......weather for Anchorage area is predicted sunny Sat, Sun and Mon.......Sounds like a good start for your trip !!




That will be great! this is the good news I have been waiting for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment