Wednesday, April 25, 2012

701-You asked about snow in Denali NP

701, I jnoticed your question on another thread regarding a weather in Denali. My husband and I were in Denali National Park and Preserve this Monday, Tuesday, and left Wednesday morning. The weather was perfect. There was a lots of a termination dust on the mountains but road is clear and we had Mount McKinley in a full view every day. If you want more details about our very recent and unbelievably successful visit to Denali just ask. I%26#39;ll be more than happy to share details.

My husband and I feel very fortunate to see the tallest and most massive mountain of North America almost every time we are in Alaska. This was only our second visit to Denali after 12 years but we see this majestic mountain often from Anchorage during our annual pilgrimage to Alaska.

I observed several times that visitors to Alaska don%26#39;t realize that the mountain is visible on a clear day from Anchorage. If you are staying in Anchorage and it is a clear day ask someone where is the best place to view Mount McKinley. The best view we usually have is from the top floor of our hotel room if we are staying in Marriott. This time on the day of our arrival as we were flying into ANC I noticed a clear view of the upper part of Mount McKinley. if you are sitting on the left side of the plane just look for it if arriving on a clear day. I wish pilots would tell passengers about visibility of McKinley.

701-You asked about snow in Denali NP

It is good news to hear that, to see Mt. McKinley and grizzles are my two main goals for this trip. Sounds like I dont have to worry about bringing my compact camera (that I used to take pic if it%26#39;s raining). If it is not too much trouble, I am definitily want to hear your experience in Denali.

701-You asked about snow in Denali NP

I don%26#39;t think you need to worry about your camera too much. I always bring a plastic garbage bag and when it rains I cover my camera bag with it. A few drops of rain never did any damage to my cameras which traveled with me to many places including some very humid and wet areas.

  • blushed
  • ittwit
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment