Wednesday, April 25, 2012

places to stay

I am planning a mid-june %26#39;07 vacation for my family of 6; mom, dad, 18, 15, 11 %26amp; 9 yr old kids. kids want action, mom and dad want cheap. we have 14 days. days 4/5 to be spent at/near denali. any recommendations? what%26#39;s available?



places to stay


Hi there! I just replied to your other post with suggestions. Not much is available in Trapper creek - a few gas stations and a pizza place, I think. You will want to stay either in Talkeetna, which has several choices of lodging/restaurants. If you are camping, you might consider Byers Lake, which is in Denali State Park. For Denali National Park, there are accommodations right near the Park entrance or in Healy, which is 11 miles to the North. Just let me know specifics, and I%26#39;ll see what I can help with.





For Denali, I would highly recommend a shuttle ride in to the Park - at least to Fish Creek, if not Wonder Lake. Attend a doggie demo - everyone will enjoy that. www.nps.gov/dena for all you need to know about the Park. For activities, I would bet you would all love a raft trip - contact the DOC (Denali Outdoor Center) they have the best reputation on the river. June is one of my favorite months up here. Hope that helps getting your started! :)



places to stay


coalminer: thanks for your input. I look forward to your response about the RV (posted on the other forum). I%26#39;m glad you mentioned that I could wait until Jan/Feb to start booking things - I was afraid I had to do it all ASAP! This gives me more time to research. guylain.




We stayed at a place a few years back.....Gate Creek Cabins off the road at Trapper Creek.....they had about 6 individual log cabins, each 2 or 3 bedroom with baths and kitchens.....they also had quad runners available for rent that the kids might enjoy.....although the previous owners have sold, last I heard it is still in business......



Another option.......check out the public use cabins at either Nancy Lakes or Denali State Park......if you book well ahead of time you can rent one of these for $25 or $35 per night.....no electricity or water, they have wood stoves, bunks, tables and benches....bring or rent camping gear, rent a car to get there. The cabins are all on lakes and canoes are available for rent. That way the kids can make their own adventure.....

No comments:

Post a Comment