Monday, April 23, 2012

Our great day in Scagway

My husband and I visited Scagway last week. We rented a car for $85 and drove up to Whitehorse in the Yukon. Make sure you bring your passport. This was one of our best days on our cruise. The drive is about two hours on a gorgeous newly paved two lane road and follows the White Pass %26amp; Yukon railroad route. We stopped in the little town of Carcross to have a look around, then continued on to Whitehorse. In Whitehorse we ate lunch then visited Muktuk kennels. We were greeted by Frank Turner and his wife. Frank has finished the Yukon Quest 22 times. We were invited into their home to learn about dogsledding and meet all the dogs. They were wonderful people and we loved visiting with the dogs. I would highly recommend visiting their kennels as it was one of the highlights of our trip. www.muktuk.com It was also great to get away from the crowds for the day.



Our great day in Scagway


I realized I spelled Skagway wrong. I also forgot to mention when we got back into town we ate dinner at the Fish House. We had an excellent seafood dinner.



Our great day in Scagway


Glad you posted. Many have asked about doing this instead of the White Pass RR, which is great, but when visiting a second time, it%26#39;s nice to consider an independent alternative...




Who did you rent the car from and did you do it ahead of time We will be or the Coral next June, - me, my husband and 18 yr old son (it is his grad trip) Want to drive up by ourselves so we can stop when we want . Did you make plans with the kennels ahead of time Too - my son would love that! Looks like the rental agencies are closed for the season when I try to get into for Skagway. Any help would be appreciated..


  • No comments:

    Post a Comment