Saturday, April 21, 2012

ABC Motorhome out of Anchorage

Has anyone used ABC Motorhome to rent an RV? I need some recommendations on company to use to rent an RV. Can anyone help?

ABC Motorhome out of Anchorage

It sounds like we are both searching for the same information and if you are like me you just don%26#39;t want to make the wrong choice and mess up a great vacation!!!

I can tell you that I have had 2 seperate contacts with Great Alaskan and both have been very positive. I have not had any contact with ABC but have reviewed their website. If I had to make my decision on website alone Great Alaskan would win hands down. Their website is top notch and so was the brochure I received in the mail. I consider both of these to be a reflection on the company an I%26#39;ve liked what I%26#39;ve seen so far.

I also did a check with the Better Business Bureau. Great Alaskan has 1 complaint on file over the last 36 months. ABC has 4 complaints on file during the same time period.

The hard part is that GAH rental charges for the period I am planning to rent total about $1200. With ABC running their current special their rental rate is about $700. That%26#39;s a big difference!! The tricky part is that with GAH you don%26#39;t have to send your rental fees upfront - just a $400 deposit. With ABC you have to pay the whole amount now. That makes me a bit nervous.

Please keep me posted on any information you uncover about either of these companies and I%26#39;ll do the same. Hopefully someone that has recent experience with these companies will post and help us both out.

Happy Travels :)

ABC Motorhome out of Anchorage

I booked our RV from ABC Motorhomes for our June 2007 trip. I couldn%26#39;t resist the 50% savings.

I did contact the Alaska Visitors Center. Their comment about ABC was ';ABC is one of the largest, if not the largest, vendor in RV rental products. For price comparison, you might also check with Cruise America or Clippership RV Rentals.';

When I asked ABC what other charges would there be when the RV was turned in, I was told we would have to clean it -- sweep the floor and do not leave any dirty dishes. They will provide us with a free shuttle to the train station after the RV is turned in so we can get to Whittier for our cruise.

  • increasechances to find a date
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment