Sunday, April 15, 2012

kenai fjords cruise

I%26#39;m looking at several cruise lines for the kenai fjords cruise and I was

wondering if anyone knows anything about the Renown cruise line.

They say they are the only lines using Catamarans and I was wondering if there are advantages or disadvantages to this.

Thanks in advance.

kenai fjords cruise

Hi, there are several previous posts concerning cruises including Renown. Just go to the Alaska forum, enter Renown in the search box and you%26#39;ll get a list of all the posts where that word appears. If this doesn%26#39;t answer your questions, then post again and maybe someone who has taken the cruise will reply. Personally, I can%26#39;t imagine what the difference would be - the boats all go at a slow cruise speed most of the time so that the passengers can see the wildlife, scenery, etc. I suppose there are occasions when you might be interested in the most stable boat if there are rough seas and you suffer from seasickness.

Hope this gets you started. Have a great trip.

kenai fjords cruise

I took the Renown Cat this past summer. Since I%26#39;ve never taken the regular dhips, u can%26#39;t offer a comparison. I will tell you however, that

that some passengers on the ca were nauseous. The staff made a big deal to sit them outside in a special section of the ship. They went around observing all of the passengers, and those who appeared ill were given vomit bags, including my daughter.

The advantage of renown is that there was a 2 for one coupon in the Alaska toursaver book, so you saved $125.00.


(Sorry for all the typos in the previous post. I should not have been trying to type in the dark : -)


We liked Kenai Fjords...the long cruise, with lunch on an island. They were very professional, the salmon bake lunch was delicious and we spent much time watching glaciers calve and dolphins swimming along side of us and puffins flying around us.

  • delegates
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment