Sunday, April 15, 2012

Anchorage--Extended Stay

We booked through hotwire.com and got Extended stay suited downtown--the price seems GREAT at $39.00 a night---does anyone know anything about this place---any information would be really appreciated---we need to book two more rooms but hesitate to do so until we find out how the place is---how far is the downtown branch from the train station?



Anchorage--Extended Stay


Is the address of your hotel 700 E. 34th? If not, what is the address? The train station is about 4 miles from the E. 34th address - you would need to take a taxi or rent a car. As I live here, I don%26#39;t know what the hotel is like on the inside. It%26#39;s a little bit out of the way and was built maybe 3 years ago. Let me know the address if it%26#39;s not the E. 34th -



Anchorage--Extended Stay


The address is 108 East 8th----must be a different one---if you can find out anything I would really appreciate it---Thanks




Hi, I asked the address because I thought this might be the one - it was recently changed to an Extended Stay from an Aspen Hotel. I don%26#39;t know why. Anyway, do a search here for Aspen and you might discover some interesting information. The hotel was built about 3 years ago, looks great from the outside and the TV ads looked good. I haven%26#39;t been in any of the rooms and I don%26#39;t know if the new company changed the decor, etc.





Location - it%26#39;s about a mile from the rail station - the only hotel that is really close is the Comfort Inn. I don%26#39;t know if they have a courtesy shuttle - some hotels do. All the downtown attractions and shopping are within a 12 block walk including the shuttle to the Native Heritage Center. For the price, I wouldn%26#39;t think you could do any better at all assuming the place hasn%26#39;t gone seriously downhill in the last few months. You might check out the decor of other Extended Suites as well as reviews for others in the chain to see if there seem to be huge problems.





Hope this helps. Just post if you need further information.




Oh, forgot to mention the walk from the train station would be up a pretty big hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment