Saturday, April 21, 2012

naknak lake

what is naknak lake and where is it? How do you get there? Are there any lodging near it or is it just a couple hour trip during the day?



naknak lake


How did you come up with this lake? It is known as Naknek Lake. Most of us don%26#39;t know its name even while flying over it. It is a big lake you see while flying from King Salmon to Brooks Camp. Brooks River flows into Naknek Lake. It is not clear to me what would be a purpose of your day trip or just going there for a couple of hours. To see the lake or fishing? There are thousands of lakes in Katmai NP. You still have to get to King Salmon and maybe charter a flight from there. I know there is a rough and unmarked trail from King Salmon that goes in a direction of the lake but how close you get to it I have no clue and it is probably 15-20 miles long one way. Further, I don%26#39;t think you would be able to hike it anyway as it goes through the military area. Of course you may go backcountry hiking anywhere in Katmai NP but I don%26#39;t think this is what you have in mind since you%26#39;re asking about lodging. There is some lodging in King Salmon but I heard nothing to get excited about. I highly recommend chartering the flight from King Salmon to Brooks Camp and flying over Naknek Lake. Count on spending around $600 RT.

No comments:

Post a Comment