Thursday, April 12, 2012

Help with Cruise Plans

Hi,

The hubby and I are thinking about taking a cruise to Alaska in Sept of %26#39;07. Not sure what destinations we shouldn%26#39;t miss or what trips provide the best scenery. We are in our late 30%26#39;s and would also like a fun boat that is not geared toward kids or older folks. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Help with Cruise Plans

We spent the first two weeks of September of this year in Alaska. I thought it a perfect time to go. We had some rainy evenings and misty days. Nothing like we get in the Pacific Northwest (I grew up in Portland area, so I know my rain!). A big bonus was the lack of tourists since it%26#39;s the end of the season.

We cruised the first week did land tour the second week and then ventured off on our own for two nights in Homer.

We went with Princess and sailed from Vancouver to Whiitier.This is the only Alaska cruise we%26#39;ve done. However one of the guys I work with has done the Vancouver to Whittier and the Seattle round trip. He said the one way cruise is far more scenic and Tracy Arm doesn%26#39;t even come close to the beauty of College Fjord. The scenery on our cruise left me speechless, and I%26#39;m journalist so that should say something!

My husband and I are both in our early 40s. We went with my in-laws and we were never bored on the ship. But the crowd was an older one.

If you have any specific questions about the ports or the Princes cruiseline I%26#39;ll do my best to answer them.

Tahiti

  • trilogy
  • bird
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment