Friday, March 30, 2012

Place to stay for one night after cruise!

We get off boat in morning of 6/3, and plane is not until 8 pm 6/4. My error which will cost me $300 to rectify. So I think we will spend the $300 in Juneau on nice hotel and dinner and relaxation after confinement of cruise stateroom for a week.





Should I stay in Grandma%26#39;s Feather Bed or Beach View Inn across the bridge? I am told that although Grandma is great and has good restaurant that we will have nothing to do there for all those hours. On the other hand the Beach View best room is is 50 steps up, across the bridge out of town. But looks like a fun room, but far away from food and stuff. It sounds like a honeymoon suite and lots of laughs (waterfall shower,etc.) It will cost us $40 to get out of that reservation by the way.





By the way we will be staying in Juneau before the cruise for 3 nights, 2 in Baranoff, and 1 in Goldfelt so we%26#39;ll have lots of time to see your city and so forth. As you can see I am a person who needs lots of help in planning?



Place to stay for one night after cruise!


My decision would be easy - if I already made a decision that would cost me $40 to get out of, I would stay put there unless I had a very compelling reason to change. So what is the compelling reason to change?





I assume ';that reservation'; is referring to Beach View.





I don%26#39;t have personal experience with either but I would say keep what you have.





John



Place to stay for one night after cruise!


Hi Carlanne



One other thing to consider is transportation back to the airport......it%26#39;s about 7 miles north of town, so you will have to rent a taxi.....another thing would be to ask the Beach View Inn for a late check out time (some places will do this if they are not booked up) or at least hold your luggage for you until you are ready to leave for the airport....



Or, you may want to rent a car for that last day, Rent a Wreck will deliver one to the Inn for you and then you can drop it off near the airport when you are ready to leave.....It would cost more than the taxi ride, but it would give you an entire day to explore regardless of the weather......



The Beach View Inn, looks like a great place to finish up your trip !.....Douglas Island is a quiet neighborhood.....ask the Host to direct you to the Treadwell Trail to explore some of the historical remains from the mining days, check out the Island Pub, just down the road for great brick oven pizzas, salads and sandwiches......




Great suggestion for the Island pub! It%26#39;s very good. If the weather is cooperating (not raining too hard), it would be a nice walk to ';downtown'; Douglas to the pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment