Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Icy Strait Point: Teckk VS Forget-Me-Not

We will be in Icy Strait Point/Hoonah the end of June and we would like to go wildlife viewing. I am waffling between Forget-Me-Not Outfitters (Bob) and Teckk Outfitters (Keith). My concern is: How knowledgeable are the guides? Not just about bears, but thing like local bird, wildflowers and such. It would really peeve me for a guide not to know what he is looking at. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.



Icy Strait Point: Teckk VS Forget-Me-Not


Icy Strait Point is ';the'; place to go whale watching - even moreso than Juneau. But there are bears on the island too so that is a good second choice.





Having said that, I would never use Teckk again. Long story but I had booked with them a couple of summers ago. Through an unforeseen incident they canceled my tour. That was not the main issue - the issue was that they did little or nothing to help me find another option. They said I was the only one booked on their tour that day and they would have gone anyway. If that was indeed the case, why couldn%26#39;t they have worked with another operator to get me on a tour? Sorry, never, ever again with them.





John



Icy Strait Point: Teckk VS Forget-Me-Not


Wow! That is the first less than glowing review of Teckk that I have found. Sorry it din%26#39;t work out for you. I also heard a simular experiance in regard to Forget-Me-Not. I guess when you go with an indepentent tour, you always run the chance of something like this happening. I have my fingers crossed for who ever we pick.





As for whale watching, we are already booked with Harv %26amp; Marv in Juneau.




I%26#39;m sure either Bob or Kieth will give you an excellent tour. As coolrider mentioned both work together. Bob: http://forget-me-notoutfitters.com/ has lived in Hoonah 19 yrs and is an avid outdoorsman. Keith: http://www.teckkoutfitters.com/ is a life long residen of Hoonah.









Have a great Alaska visit.




I agree that is a very unusual negative comment on Teckk outfitters! I have to believe that there was a communications problem of some sort, because I%26#39;ve been out twice with Keith and everything has always been first rate. His knowledge of the area and wildlife is based on growing up in Hoonah and is outstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment